YOU ARE A GOOD FIT IF ANY OF THE FOLLOWING APPLY TO YOUR SITUATION:
· Your child has been diagnosed with ADD, ADHD, Autism, Dyslexia, Aspergers, Tourettes, OCD, ODD, depression, sensory issues, …or any other learning, behavior or mood diagnosis.
· You are dealing with things like, meltdowns, temper tantrums, bullying, oppositional defiance, low motivation, low self-esteem, lethargy, not performing at level of true potential…
· Your child does not have a diagnosis but the school suggests you get one. You are conflicted about whether to do this or not.
· You feel at a loss about how to help your child overcome his/her problems.
· You have tried several different approaches and/or seen different healthcare practitioners with little sustainable improvement.
· You feel confused and overwhelmed.
· Your child becomes easily stressed and anxious.
· Your child does not have positive self-belief.
· Your child’s learning/behavior/mood problems are having a negative effect on the entire family.
· You have the feeling that your child is uniquely talented but something is blocking him from using this talent.
· Mom and Dad are not on the same page about how to treat/manage the child’s problem.
· Mom and Dad have different ways of disciplining the child.
· Mom and/or Dad are stressed.
· The relationship between Mom and Dad is strained and tense, affecting your child.
· You would like to explore healing your child without prescribed medication, if possible.
Dr. Sandy, you speak about healing without prescription drugs. What if my child is already taking medication? Will your Healing Parent Program still work for them?
Absolutely it will! If your child is already taking a prescribed medication this is certainly NOT a problem. I would NOT recommend that you take your child off the medication.
ASK DR. SANDY
I will teach you how to be a healing parent and show you how to monitor the improvements - and when the time comes, and if, appropriate, you can then discuss with me, or with your healthcare practitioner, the possibility of weaning the child off the medication. You will know that the time is right for such a discussion, because, as a result using the healing skills that you have learnt on my program, many of your child’s symptoms will have been significantly reduced or completely resolved.
Is the private Healing Parent Program the same as having therapy?
No, it is not therapy. Although I do hold a degree in Clinical Psychology, I am not practicing therapy. I coach parents the information and tools they need to heal the child’s spirit, body and brain. These tools are easy to learn, easy to use and fun. The added benefit is that as you practice these tools with your child, you will be healing yourself at the same time. Read more about my one on one consulting offering here.
Why do you have to work with the parents?
The Healing Parent Program is based on an amazing science, called Interpersonal Neurobiology. This means that there are certain basic, scientifically-sound skills that all parents can learn that will have the effect of calming and healing the child. When a child’s nervous system is calm, they will be able to function positively. My goal is to empower parents with the information and tools they need to calm and heal the child’s spirit, body and brain. I do not believe in parents dropping their children off at a clinic for an hour, once a week for some period of time, and expecting that this will heal the child. Healing takes place when the parents are fully and skillfully engaged in the healing process. Parents that learn my healing tools, always tell me that they can hardly believe the changes in their kids – and their family. When you have private sessions with me, I do see the child as a part of the program.
How long will it take before I will see results?
What you will learn on the Healing Parent Program is really easy to use. No matter whether you have private sessions with me, or whether you learn how to be a healing parent through my online programs, the time it takes before you say, ‘Wow, my child is noticeably so much improved!’ will depend on the degree of commitment and excitement with which parents implement what they learn. I will teach you how to use the tolls consistently, on a daily basis, in the appropriate situations where they are required - for your child. When you do this, it will bring positive changes pretty quickly. After that being a healing parent becomes a natural way of life.
When we are participating in private sessions, can you work with one parent or must it be both parents?
It will depend on your situation. If only one parent can attend, that is perfectly good. My experience shows that when both parents attend the program together, we do tend to get quicker results. This is because when both parents are using the healing tools with the child, the benefits are compounded and the effect is more powerful. However, I understand that this is very often not possible. Also the parent who is not able to attend will learn by watching the parent who has attended.
Is there any paperwork I have to do before I start private sessions?
Yes there is a comprehensive Intake Questionnaire that needs to be completed. You do this online.
DISCOVER THE SEVEN KEYS TO FREE YOUR CHILD FROM LEARNING OR BEHAVIOR CHALLENGES